• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32
PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Manila, Philippines

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has described a “remarkable turnaround” in its financial performance for the six months to 30 September 2025 after reporting its first revenue in years and reversing the HK$11.4 million (US$1.5 million) net loss it recorded a year earlier.

The Hong Kong-listed gaming investor has credited its HK$5.76 million (US$739,855) in revenue generated to the launch of two new business lines following the collapse of a deal to operate gaming tables in Cambodia – namely an online gaming platform business in the Philippines and a camellia oil business in China. The online gaming business drove HK$5.1 million (US$655,000) in revenue for the period following its recent launch.

As reported by IAG, the new Philippines business has been established in partnership with locally-based World Platinum Technologies Inc (WPT) with the goal of conducting research, development, marketing and sales of WPT’s gaming system platforms and related content in the Asia-Pacific region.

In a Friday filing, Century Entertainment explained that the business line was “highly profitable at the gross level, contributing to the Group’s overall gross profit of approximately HK$4.1 million (US$526,630) . The online gaming platform business operated at a high gross margin of approximately 80.7% during the period under review.”

Group-wide profit of HK$26.4 (US$3.4 million) million during 1H26 was also aided by a settlement agreement with former major shareholder Ng Man Sun that fully settle payables, a loan,and a convertible bond owed to him, resulting in a one-off gain of around HK$3 million (US$385,340) , while the company also benefited from the reversal of a previously recognized HK$30.2 million (US$3.9 million) impairment loss in relation to the settlement.

Separately, Century Entertainment has recently announced the signing of a non-binding letter of intent with a casino operator in Vietnam to explore the possibility of expanding the group’s gaming operations, “demonstrating a parallel effort to revitalize the Group’s core gaming activities following the termination of the Group’s VIP room operations in Cambodia.”

Reflecting on the past six months, the company said its efforts to revitalize the group’s financial strength have yielded “significant results” in the short-term but noted it would still require support from its new primary owner, Ho Tsz Ying.

“The strategic initiation of the online gaming business and the camellia oil trading business has successfully generated revenue,” it stated. “ The lucrative settlement with Mr Ng provided an exceptional boost to the Group’s profitability.

“However, it is crucial to note that a substantial portion of the reported profit is non-recurring in nature, representing the gains on offsetting of assets and liabilities of approximately HK$3.0 million and reversal of impairment loss for other receivables of approximately HK$30.2 million.

“The Group’s ongoing challenge remains its underlying financial structure, as evidenced by its positions of net current liabilities and net liabilities. The going concern assessment is dependent on continued financial support from a major shareholder and the successful scaling of the new business lines.

“During the Period under Review, the Group transformed a net loss of approximately HK$11.4 million in the Corresponding Prior Period into a net profit of approximately HK$26.4 million. This was achieved through a combination of promising new operational revenue, particularly from the online gaming business, and decisive action to resolve legacy financial issues through a one-off settlement and associated reversal of impairment loss for other receivables.

“The Board is optimistic that the two new business lines will continue to record meaningful revenue, providing a more sustainable foundation for the Group’s future.”

RelatedPosts

PAGCOR chair Tengco says recent eGames restrictions necessary for industry sustainability

PAGCOR chair Tengco says recent eGames restrictions necessary for industry sustainability

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 04:26
FBM hosts Champions Night to recognize Philippines bingo partners

FBM hosts Champions Night to recognize Philippines bingo partners

Tue 25 Nov 2025 at 04:22
PAGCOR defends its actions against POGOs after criticism from lawyer of suspended Bamban mayor Alice Guo

“POGO mayor” Alice Guo jailed for life

Thu 20 Nov 2025 at 15:51
PAGCOR sponsors Philippines leg of World Surf League Challenger Series, hails contribution to sports tourism

PAGCOR sponsors Philippines leg of World Surf League Challenger Series, hails contribution to sports tourism

Thu 20 Nov 2025 at 06:13
Load More
Tags: Century Entertainment International HoldingsPhilippinesprofit
ShareShare
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English