• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Friday 29 August 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Donaco shareholders approve US$35 million privatization bid

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Mon 4 Aug 2025 at 15:36
Legal battle continues to hurt Donaco’s bottom line

Star Vegas in Poipet, Cambodia

11
SHARES
268
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A proposal by Hong Kong’s Argyle Street Management Limited to acquire 100% of the shares in ASX-listed, Southeast Asian casino operator Donaco International Ltd that it doesn’t already own is one step away from becoming reality after Donaco shareholders on Monday approved the move.

In a filing, Donaco said that 98.11% of votes cast at a Scheme Meeting were in favor of the scheme, including 77.50% of votes cast by those who were present and voting.

The acquisition by Argyle Street Management’s special purpose vehicle, On Nut Road Ltd (ONR), will now require approval by the Supreme Court of New South Wales at a hearing scheduled for this Thursday 7 August 2025, after which time Donaco said it intends to lodge a copy of the orders of the Court with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission on Friday.

Privatization is expected to be complete on Tuesday 19 August assuming court approval and the satisfaction of outstanding conditions precedent.

As previously announced by Donaco, ONR – which holds 12.84% of Donaco’s issued share capital – will pay AU$0.045 per share, representing a 50% premium on the company’s closing price of AU$0.030 at ASX market close on Friday 14 March and a 54.10% premium to the 90-day volume weighted average share price as of 14 March.

The scheme values Donaco, whose casino assets comprise Star Vegas in Poipet, Cambodia and Aristo International in northern Vietnam, at AU$55.59 million (US$35.2 million).

The Non-Executive Chairman of Donaco, Porntat Amatavivadhana, previously outlined a series of ongoing challenges facing the company as providing good reason to sell while the opportunity presented itself.

“While Donaco has performed steadily in the last few years and has emerged from the pandemic, the company’s financial headwinds have been compounded over the years due to limited profit margins and a lack of substantial Investor confidence,” he stated in March.

“This has made fundraising efforts for any form of growth particularly challenging. The dependence on a single, major shareholder for financial stability becomes even more critical in light of the economic strains brought about by the pandemic.

“Moreover, the new gaming legislation in Thailand to introduce casino franchises in Bangkok could significantly impact the flow of patrons to Donaco’s border casinos. In addition, the impact on costs due to recent actions to cut power along certain towns between Thailand and Cambodia, resulting in intermittent power supply, further complicates our operational conditions.

“Considering the prevailing border issues and uncertain electricity supply, this may present a unique opportunity for Donaco shareholders that may not arise again.”

Donaco last week released its financial results for the June quarter, which highlighted further negative impact at Star Vegas from the ongoing border dispute between Thailand and Cambodia.

Argyle Street Management, which is reportedly controlled by Thai hotel billionaire Chanin Donavanik, first invested in Donaco through ONR in 2019 after acquiring some of the shares seized from Donaco founder Joey Lim by Orchard Capital Partners after Lim defaulted on a loan repayment in November 2018.

That transaction ultimately saw ONR trigger a boardroom cleanout that included placing two of its own directors on the company’s board.

RelatedPosts

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group says available cash halved in December 2024 quarter as liquidity crunch bites again

Star Entertainment Group falls to AU$471.5 million loss in FY25 as remediation, regulatory hurdles continue to bite

Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 07:38
Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26
Crown Resorts found suitable to retain Melbourne casino license but China investigation ongoing

Crown Melbourne given two-year extension to deadline for implementation of mandatory carded play across table games

Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 06:47
A moral defense of gambling

Star Entertainment Group says lender group’s terms around requested covenant waivers “unacceptable”

Wed 27 Aug 2025 at 13:47
Load More
Tags: Arglye Street ManagementAustraliacasinosDonaco InternationalOn Nut Road Ltdshareholders
Share4Share1
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Flipping the script

Editorial – Flipping the script

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:30

This month represents an important milestone for Inside Asian Gaming as we launch IAG EXPO – an expansion of the...

Asia market roundup

Asia market roundup

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 12:26

Inside Asian Gaming takes a deep dive into the state of Asia-Pacific’s key gaming markets: who’s hot, who’s not and...

Rewriting the rules

Rewriting the rules

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:43

IAG EXPO, taking place at Newport World Resorts from 8 to 10 September, is not your usual trade show. IAG...

Test of character

Test of character

by Newsdesk
Thu 28 Aug 2025 at 11:28

Since its establishment in 1989, Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) has developed into the world’s most trusted name when it comes...

Evolution Asia
Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
Aristocrat
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
HKUST
NWR

Related Posts

All your sports entertainment with SABA Sports – always fair and sharp since 1998.

All your sports entertainment with SABA Sports – always fair and sharp since 1998.

by Newsdesk
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 18:57

CLIENT PROMOTION Since 1998, SABA Sports has stood as the trusted backbone of the world’s most respected sports betting brands. Built on real-time intelligence and operational excellence, we have earned our reputation as the definitive partner for leading operators worldwide....

Newly appointed Thai PM Paetongtarn Shinawatra expected to continue pursuit of legalized casinos

Thai casino bill dead in the water as Constitutional Court removes Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra from office

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 18:44

Thai Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra has been removed from office for ethics violations after the Constitutional Court ruled 6-3 against her on Friday. She becomes Thailand’s sixth Prime Minister to be removed by a court or legal ruling since 2008...

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group says available cash halved in December 2024 quarter as liquidity crunch bites again

Star Entertainment Group falls to AU$471.5 million loss in FY25 as remediation, regulatory hurdles continue to bite

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 07:38

Australia’s Star Entertainment Group has reported a statutory loss of AU$471.5 million (US$308 million) for the financial year ended 30 June 2025, impacted by a 29% year-on-year decline in group-wide revenue including a 37% fall in gaming revenue. Although the...

Resorts World Las Vegas – Lighting up the north

Recovery of VIP gaming business helps Genting’s Resorts World Las Vegas book improved revenues of US$180 million in 2Q25

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 29 Aug 2025 at 05:30

Resorts World Las Vegas (RWLV), the US flagship of Malaysian gaming giant Genting Berhad, saw revenues grow by 8% quarter-on-quarter to US$180 million and EBITDA by 80% to US$18 million in 2Q25, with the company pointing to improved hold and...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English