• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Hong Kong follows Macau lead by lifting mandatory mask order for indoor and outdoor settings

Pierce Chan by Pierce Chan
Tue 28 Feb 2023 at 16:58
Hong Kong follows Macau lead by lifting mandatory mask order for indoor and outdoor settings
10
SHARES
248
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Following Macau’s announcement on Sunday that the wearing of masks in indoor and outdoor settings is no longer required, Hong Kong has issued a similar order with its mask mandate lifted as of Wednesday.

Hong Kong Chief Executive John Lee said that the wearing of masks indoors, outdoors and on public transport will now be optional, although it will remain a requirement in hospitals, homes for the elderly and other high-risk places.

“According to the data, the epidemic is under control in Hong Kong and there are no major signs of a resurgence, so I believe Hong Kong has established an extensive and comprehensive barrier,” Lee said.

“The situation of virus mutation has not deteriorated and the peak season of influenza and respiratory infections in winter is coming to an end, so it is the right time to lift the mask order.”

It is now three years since Hong Kong first implemented a mask mandate requiring anyone in public places, both indoors and outdoors, to wear a mask.

The decision to finally remove the mandate comes just days after Macau issued a similar order with masks no longer required outdoors and the operators of indoor settings allowed to determine their own mask policies.

As reported by IAG, Macau’s six casino concessionaires were allowing customers to enter the city’s casino floors without masks as of Monday.

RelatedPosts

Galaxy Chairman Francis Lui personally donates HK$3 million to victims of devastating Hong Kong apartment fire

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 04:32
Hong Kong passes ride-hailing bill as Macau remains stagnant

Hong Kong passes ride-hailing bill as Macau remains stagnant

Thu 16 Oct 2025 at 16:24
Hong Kong Jockey Club ends 2022/23 race season by breaking single day and final day turnover records

Hong Kong Jockey Club names former FC Barcelona and Chelsea FC executive Casper Stylsvig as Executive Director of its sports business

Sun 12 Oct 2025 at 01:11
The 2023 Asian Gaming Power 50: Ones to watch

Hong Kong Stock Exchange deems Andrew Lo unsuitable to be director of LET Group or Summit Ascent due to attempted Tigre de Cristal sale

Tue 16 Sep 2025 at 15:14
Load More
Tags: covid-19Hong KongJohn Leemasks
Share4Share1
Pierce Chan

Pierce Chan

With more than five years’ experience working as a journalist in Macau, Pierce is an experienced media operator with strong skills in news writing and editing. He previously worked with Exmoo, first as a reporter covering government, gaming and tourism-related stories, then as a Deputy Assignment Editor helping set the agenda of the day. Pierce is a graduate of the University of Macau.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English