• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

IEC falls to US$12 million loss in 1H25 but Manila casino ops showing promise

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Feb 2025 at 10:47
IEC issues profit warning on widened losses through December 2021

New Coast Hotel Manila

17
SHARES
427
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hong Kong-listed International Entertainment Corp (IEC) fell to a HK$95.0 million (US$12.2 million) loss for the six months to 31 December 2024, up from HK$36.1 million (US$4.6 million) a year earlier on higher casino costs at its Philippine resort, New Coast Hotel in Manila.

However, having taken over casino operations in May from the country’s gaming regulator PAGCOR, IEC also reported a 155% increase in revenue to HK$267.6 million (US$34.4 million), including a 238% increase in revenue from gaming operations to HK$240.0 million (US$30.9 million).

IEC took over control of the casino after being granted a provisional casino license by PAGCOR – part of the company’s commitment to invest at least US$1 billion to convert the property into a world-class integrated resort in the coming years.

“The increase [in revenue] was mainly due to the revenue being generated under the Provisional License since its commencement in May 2024,” the company explained.

“Amid the return of travelers’ mobility under lifting of pandemic measures, the performance in the segment has shown a significant recovery since then. It contributed approximately 89.7% of the Group’s revenue during the Period under review.”

Hotel revenue at New Coast fell from HK$34.1 million (US$4.4 million) a year earlier to HK$27.6 million (US$3.5 million), with IEC citing strong competition in the hospitality industry in the Philippines.

Despite the promising performance of the casino, IEC noted that expenses had almost doubled year-on-year to HK$150.6 million (US$19.4 million), of which 50.2% was staff costs – up 135%.

“This was due to the recruitment of additional staff by the Group to operate and manage the casino under the Provisional License,” it said.

Nevertheless, IEC said it is confident that its upcoming investment into New Coast will prove profitable long-term.

“To undertake the casino and gaming operations, the group has planned to carry out a series of renovation work at the hotel with a view to maintaining the hotel in good service and condition, and upgrading infrastructures and facilities of the Hotel to complement the operation of the casino,” it explained.

“The Board considers that the implementation of the construction works will improve the appearance and condition of hotel facilities, modernize outdated amenities, enhance overall quality of the hotel and promote premium customers’ experiences at both the casino and hotel.

“In the long-term increasing occupancy rates of the hotel and attracting spending activities from visitors at the casino and hotel.

“Moreover, the renovation work will create additional gaming space on the ground floor of the casino. As a result, the maximum number of gaming tables in the casino will increase from the current number of approximately 80 to over 110, and the maximum number of slot machines in the casino will increase from the current number of approximately 500 to over 920.

“The company is optimistic that the enlargement in gaming capacity of the casino will improve the future revenue of the casino.”

RelatedPosts

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57
Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43
PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32
Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33
Load More
Tags: casinoGamingInternational Entertainment CorpManilaNew Coast Hotel ManilaPhilippinesrevenue
Share7Share1
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English