• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Principal lender to South Korea’s Mohegan Inspire moves to control shares after default event

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Fri 14 Feb 2025 at 11:05
Korea’s Mohegan Inspire reports net revenues of US$101 million since opening, volumes on the rise

Mohegan INSPIRE

69
SHARES
1.7k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The principal lender of debt held by MGE Korea Ltd, the parent company of South Korean integrated resort Mohegan INSPIRE, has moved to take control of the company’s shares.

Ari Glazer, Mohegan’s Chief Financial Officer, provided the update during the group’s earnings call for the December 2024 quarter, with the shock move by the lender, Bain Capital, coming after Mohegan had published its quarterly financial results just hours earlier.

Mohegan had last month revealed that it was in default under the terms of a US$275 million “Korea Term Loan” for the US$1.6 billion Korean IR but said at the time it was in discussions with lenders and was confident of a solution given its sufficient cash and liquidity position.

Instead, Glazer said the company was now considering its options after seemingly being caught out by the news.

“Following the earnings release this morning and just a few hours ago, we received notice from the agent for the lenders to MGE Korea Ltd, the parent company of INSPIRE, that they have accelerated the HoldCo debt,” he explained.

“Further, the agent and Bain capital, the principal lender, have purported to take certain remedies including appropriation of the shares of MGE Korea Ltd.

“We are evaluating the propriety of these actions and considering the appropriate responses.”

Glazer clarified that acceleration of the Korean HoldCo debt would not result in a cross default in any other debt of Mohegan but added, “While we did not expect any material impact on our operations at any of our North American properties in the first quarter, we do need to evaluate the impact of these events on our overall financial reporting. We will provide subsequent disclosure in due course.”

The company declined to make any further comment throughout the earnings call.

Mohegan last month described the default as a debt covenant violation related to provisions contained within loan documents requiring INSPIRE to achieve agreed financial targets, and was not related to a missed payment, principal or interest.

“As is customary, we have negotiated in good faith to amend the covenants and give the business more time to ramp up and achieve its potential,” Glazer said during a January investor call. “I can share that Mohegan has made multiple proposals to the HoldCo lenders with respect to an amendment, however the conditions required by the lenders have not been acceptable. We continue to negotiate in good faith with the HoldCo lenders to identify a solution although we cannot guarantee that we will be successful in doing so.”

Mohegan INSPIRE held a soft opening of its non-gaming operations in November 2023 and launched its foreigner-only casino a year ago in February 2024. While slow to ramp, the property has shown steady month-to-month improvement including an all-time high in mass and premium mass table drop in December.

Net revenues at Mohegan INSPIRE in the December quarter reached US$63.5 million, up 2.1% on the September quarter, while an Adjusted EBITDA loss of US$4.2 million was narrowed from US$6.9 million in the September quarter.

RelatedPosts

Data shows over 1,000 people visited Kangwon Land’s casino more than 100 times last year

Kangwon Land provides update on progress of Value-Up Plan for shareholders

Thu 20 Nov 2025 at 06:16
Korea’s Paradise Co plays unlucky in April as casino revenue falls 13% to US$51 million

Korea’s Paradise Co pledges 5.8% of its shares in Paradise City IR as collateral for US$68.5 million loan

Wed 12 Nov 2025 at 04:23
Grand Korea Leisure books US$11.4 million profit in 1Q25 on higher casino sales, better margins

Grand Korea Leisure profit up 73% in 3Q25 to US$10 million on higher visitation and hold

Wed 12 Nov 2025 at 04:21
One Night in Kangwon

Record hold at Paradise City, high hold elsewhere drives Korea’s Paradise Co to US$198 million in 3Q25 revenue

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 04:39
Load More
Tags: defaultLendersMGE Korea LtdMohegan InspireSouth Korea
Share28Share5
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32

Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has described a “remarkable turnaround” in its financial performance for the six months to 30 September 2025 after reporting its first revenue in years and reversing the HK$11.4 million (US$1.5 million) net loss it recorded...

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English