• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Century Entertainment commences operation of VIP tables at Dara Sakor casino

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Mon 2 Dec 2024 at 04:32
Century Entertainment granted two gaming tables as Ng Man Sun opens new casino in Cambodia’s Dara Sakor

Dara Sakor, Cambodia

19
SHARES
484
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hong Kong-listed Century Entertainment International Holdings has finally commenced operations of a new VIP gaming table business in Cambodia’s Dara Sakor, more than four years after ceasing operations in Sihanoukville due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The company said in its results release for the six months to 30 September 2024 that it had commenced the operation of seven VIP gaming tables at the casino in question on 1 October – the day after the relevant resolution was passed at a Special General Meeting.

Century Entertainment had signed the deal with the casino’s owner in May by which it will operate the tables for an initial three-year term. The company will pay the owner, LongBay Entertainment, US$35,000 a month for which it will be entitled to 100% of winnings and responsible for 100% of house losses as well as paying relevant staff costs.

In Friday’s filing, Century Entertainment said it was currently focusing on intensive staff training and operational gearing to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.

“The Group anticipates that the VIP rooms operation will stabilize in the upcoming months and will be able to contribute significantly to the Group’s overall performance in 2025,” it said.

The long-awaited opening of the VIP room is also behind the company’s confidence in its financial position given questions over its ability to continue as a going concern, despite registering no revenue in the six months to 30 September and recording a HK$11.4 million loss, with net liabilities of HK$91.2 million.

Century Entertainment has received financial support from its Chairman and CEO, Ng Man Sun, who has promised not to call on repayments in the short-term, but the company said the commencement of casino operations represents a key milestone moving forward.

“The casino is strategically located in Dara Sakor, a rapidly growing district in Cambodia and a key tourism hub in Southeast Asia,” it said. “With the new airport nearing completion and the development of various leisure amenities such as a golf course and shopping mall underway, it is expected that there will be a surge in tourist traffic in the region. The Board is confident that its gaming business will generate consistent revenue streams from its higher-margin VIP rooms, further strengthening the Group’s financial performance and reinforcing its market position.”

Century Entertainment, formerly known as Amax International Holdings, had previously operated gaming tables at a casino controlled by Ng in Sihanoukville, but announced in October 2020 plans to relocate to Dara Sakor after Ng received a “more attractive offer”.

However, despite signing a new five-year deal in February 2023, the company never officially began its new table games business due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and delays in completing its implementation agreement.

The Dara Sakor casino covers a gross floor area of 10,500 square meters and features a total of 40 mass gaming tables, 55 VIP tables and 80 slot machines as well as a Chinese restaurant, spa and night club.

RelatedPosts

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32
PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment issues positive profit alert on growth of new Philippines gaming business, deal with former shareholder

Fri 14 Nov 2025 at 05:29
Thailand hands over gambling kingpin and long-time fugitive She Zhijiang for extradition back to China

Thailand hands over gambling kingpin and long-time fugitive She Zhijiang for extradition back to China

Thu 13 Nov 2025 at 05:13
APAC-facing gaming companies to see 70% aggregated EBITDA decline in 2020: Moody’s

Century Entertainment drives revenue from new online gaming platform, seeks new table game business in Vietnam

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 05:45
Load More
Tags: CambodiaCentury Entertainment International HoldingsDara Sakorgaming tablesGoing concernVIP room
Share8Share1
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English