• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Sands China seen resuming dividend payments in mid-2025

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Fri 25 Oct 2024 at 04:28
A New Macau

The Londoner Macao

23
SHARES
565
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Sands China has flagged its hopes of resuming dividend payments within the next year, with analysts suggesting this will likely take place midway through 2025.

The company’s senior management briefly addressed the issue during Thursday’s 3Q24 earnings call on Friday, stating, “The company will hopefully be a dividend payer in the upcoming year.”

Although Sands did not explicitly address the timing of dividend resumption, JP Morgan analysts said they “continue to model Sands China to resume dividend alongside its interim/2Q result, likely in a July/August 2025 time-frame.”

Citi’s George Choi also said he expects dividend payments to resume sometime in 2025.

A mid-2025 resumption would put such payments in line with the completion of long-running renovation works at The Londoner Macao as well as at The Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena, which have significantly impacted Sands China’s earnings throughout 2024.

The renovation has included remodelling the old Pacifica Casino – now Londoner Grand Casino – which closed in May before reopening last month; Cotai Arena which shut down in January and will reopen in November; and the substantial upgrading of 4,000 hotel rooms at Sheraton Grand.

Sheraton is scheduled to reopen in May 2025 as the Londoner Grand hotel offering a total of 2,405 keys broken down as 1,500 suites and 905 rooms.

“The room disruption will subside significantly from January/February 2025 with 1000+ new suites in operation (versus only 300 suites back in operation from 4Q24), followed by the rest of the suites/rooms to reopen by May 2025,” said JP Morgan’s DS Kim, Mufan Shi and Selina Li.

“All-in, the disruption should have peaked in 3Q in our view, and Sands shares should gradually rebound into 2025 (and beyond) with newer and better assets.”

Sands China’s 3Q24 results, reported by Inside Asian Gaming early Thursday, comfortably beat consensus with revenue of US$1.77 billion up 1% quarter-on-quarter and Adjusted Property EBITDA of US$585 million up 4.3%.

While the company lost 220bps of Macau-wide GGR share due to the continued disruption, analysts believe the company is well positioned to rebound next year.

“Sands materially reduced player reinvestment,” stated Seaport Research Partners’ Vitaly Umansky. “Management has focused on not paying for business and reversed course from more aggressive actions in Q2, which we view as a positive.

“Sands will continue to face disruption in Macau in Q4, but with more redeveloped rooms and the Cotai Arena coming on-line by end of Q4 and into early next year, Sands is set up to gain share in 2025.”

Umansky added, “Sands’ competitive advantage in Macau in the long run is its scale (the largest casino operation, the largest number of hotel rooms, retail and F&B offerings, diversified product inventory) along with a revamped and more premium positioned Londoner product.

“Once the redevelopment is completed, and in a market that continues to grow, The Londoner could generate EBITDA similar to Venetian, which did US$1.4 billion in 2019. However, it will take some time to get to that level (likely 2027 or later in our view).

“Additionally, base mass has lagged recovery in Macau, relative to premium. Once the base mass recovery accelerates, Sands will be the lead beneficiary of this customer base.”

RelatedPosts

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52
10 Years Ago – Buying the house

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 15:30
Galaxy unveils strategic cooperation agreement with TME Live to bring world-class events to Galaxy Arena

Citigroup: Concert-hosting concessionaires to enjoy above-industry EBITDA growth in the long run

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 12:18
Emperor Group to target Macau’s premium mass market after 2019 revenue decline

Emperor E sees 30% decline in gaming revenue at Macau’s Grand Emperor in final full six months of satellite casino operations

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 05:26
Load More
Tags: DividendsJP MorganMacauSands ChinaSeaport Research PartnersThe Londoner Macao
Share9Share2
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32

Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has described a “remarkable turnaround” in its financial performance for the six months to 30 September 2025 after reporting its first revenue in years and reversing the HK$11.4 million (US$1.5 million) net loss it recorded...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English