• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Monday 1 December 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Macau Chief Executive says concessionaire investment plans to be integrated into “1+4” diversification model

Pierce Chan by Pierce Chan
Sat 15 Apr 2023 at 09:49
Macau Chief Executive says concessionaire investment plans to be integrated into “1+4” diversification model

Macau Chief Executive Ho Iat-seng

35
SHARES
871
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Macau’s Chief Executive, Ho Iat Seng, said Friday the investment plans submitted by concessionaires in mid-March will form part of its “1+4” model aimed at diversifying the city’s economy.

Ho’s comments were made during a question-and-answer session at the Legislative Assembly, where he spoke at length about the importance of diversification.

The “1+4” model refers to the ongoing development of Macau’s tourism and leisure industries but with additional focus on four new industries – big health, hi-tech, modern finance and finally conventions and exhibitions including culture and sports.

“Macau completed its gambling license tender last year and relaxed its epidemic prevention policy on 8 January this year, thus changing the direction of the ‘1+4’ development mentioned before,” the Chief Executive said on Friday.

“On March 16, the concessionaires submitted their investment plans for this year to the government. The government will now make a judgment based on their investment plans and [integrate] them into the government’s ‘1+4’ detailed plan, which is expected to be announced in June.”

He also stressed that the government has not changed its focus on the “1+4” diversified strategy for Macau’s economic development.

“The ‘1+4’ plan will clarify the development direction of some industries, and will also include the Cooperation Zone in Hengqin,” he said.

RelatedPosts

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57
Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52
10 Years Ago – Buying the house

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 15:30
Galaxy unveils strategic cooperation agreement with TME Live to bring world-class events to Galaxy Arena

Citigroup: Concert-hosting concessionaires to enjoy above-industry EBITDA growth in the long run

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 12:18
Load More
Tags: Chief ExecutiveconcessionairesdiversificationHo Iat-sengMacautourism
Share14Share2
Pierce Chan

Pierce Chan

With more than five years’ experience working as a journalist in Macau, Pierce is an experienced media operator with strong skills in news writing and editing. He previously worked with Exmoo, first as a reporter covering government, gaming and tourism-related stories, then as a Deputy Assignment Editor helping set the agenda of the day. Pierce is a graduate of the University of Macau.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

New Zealand International Convention Centre to officially open on 11 February 2026

New Zealand International Convention Centre to officially open on 11 February 2026

by Ben Blaschke
Mon 1 Dec 2025 at 06:01

SkyCity Entertainment group has confirmed the official opening date for the recently completed New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC), which will open its doors for the first time on 11 February 2026. Having taken possession of the facility from developer...

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English