• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

MGM China and parent MGM Resorts to jointly establish more global marketing offices aimed at increasing international visitation to Macau casinos

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Sun 2 Apr 2023 at 09:26
MGM Cotai reopens following COVID-19 lockdown as quarantined staff, guests all test negative

MGM Cotai

52
SHARES
1.3k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Macau gaming concessionaire MGM China has inked a new agreement with its majority shareholder, MGM Resorts International, under which the latter will be tasked with helping source more international customers for its Macau properties.

Under the new International Marketing Agreement, which replaces the previously signed Sixth Renewed MGM Marketing Agreement, MGM Resorts will establish a number of new global marketing offices – the costs of which will initially be borne by MGM China – aimed at further diversifying the company’s Macau customer base.

The offices as a whole, including those already in operation, will be overseen by a Special Manager, named as MGM Resorts’ current President Far East Marketing, Sean Lanni.

In a Friday filing, MGM China said the new agreement with its parent company is specifically designed to address the Macau government’s directive to diversify the Macau economy and reduce its reliance on customers from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

“For the purpose of fulfilling its obligations under the New Concession Contract, and pursuant to the commitment by [MGM China] to the Macau Government to expand overseas markets and to increase the growth of non-gaming revenue, [MGM China] desires to utilize the know-how and international resources and reputation of MGM Resorts International and its designated affiliates to conduct marketing activities via [its] existing and future Marketing Offices that will result in additional international customers visiting the Macau Properties for non-gaming attractions and also casino gaming,” it said.

“The changes brought by the International Marketing Agreement include putting in place Macau leadership, a Macau based sales and service support team, as well as new sales incentive plans and more aggressive targets.

“In summary, the benefits of entering into the International Marketing Agreement include providing [MGM China] (i) the ability to quickly bring on new hires in overseas markets to grow sales resources by making use of existing marketing offices, processes and set up; (ii) a more cost-effective way to establish an international sales network than building marketing network independently; (iii) with greater influence over the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Offices in order to drive a greater volume of business overall to both [MGM China] and [MGM Resorts]; and (iv) ultimately, the resources to reach its KPIs arising from the New Concession Contract.”

Under the terms of the initial three-year agreement, MGM China will pay expenses to MGM Resorts up to a capped maximum of HK$64 million in 2023, rising to HK$82 million in 2024 and HK$113 million in 2025.

MGM Resorts holds a 55.95% stake in MGM China.

This latest agreement comes as the Macau government continues to push for greater diversification of the industry, including an initiative calling for concessionaires to establish foreigner-only gaming zones in return for tax breaks of up to 5%. As previously reported by Inside Asian Gaming, a number of concessionaires have already established or are in the process of establishing these new foreigner-only zones with their Macau casinos.

RelatedPosts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33
10 Years Ago – Buying the house

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 15:30
Galaxy unveils strategic cooperation agreement with TME Live to bring world-class events to Galaxy Arena

Citigroup: Concert-hosting concessionaires to enjoy above-industry EBITDA growth in the long run

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 12:18
Emperor Group to target Macau’s premium mass market after 2019 revenue decline

Emperor E sees 30% decline in gaming revenue at Macau’s Grand Emperor in final full six months of satellite casino operations

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 05:26
Load More
Tags: casinosGamingMacaumarketingMGM ChinaMGM Resorts
Share21Share4
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English