• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Imperial Pacific International to owe US$103 million in unpaid fees to CNMI government

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Tue 2 Aug 2022 at 06:12
First auction of Imperial Pacific gaming equipment postponed

Image courtesy of Saipan Tribune.

25
SHARES
633
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Troubled Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific International (IPI) will soon owe more than US$100 million to the CNMI government as it awaits a long-promised capital injection from an investor.

The Commonwealth Casino Commission (CCC) broke down IPI’s outstanding obligations during a meeting late last week, according to Marianas Variety, with the company having failed to pay its license and regulatory fees in both 2020 and 2021. Another US$15.5 million in annual license fees will fall due in mid-August and various regulatory fees on 1 October, meaning the company will owe a total of US$103 million in just two months from now.

It was these debts that saw the CCC originally call a hearing with the intention of revoking IPI’s casino license earlier this year – a hearing that was put on hold after the company was granted a temporary restraining order.

IPI and the CCC have since engaged in settlement talks, with IPI having touted an impending US$150 million cash injection from South Korean investor the IH Group, although to this point no cash has been forthcoming and no agreement has been reached.

IH Group is planning to take over the operations of the casino and luxury villas of IPI’s Saipan casino, Imperial Palace · Saipan, and has promised to resume construction of the hotel tower with Chairman Kyunam Kim touring the property in recent days.

“This project … will soon proceed smoothly and will contribute greatly to the economic recovery of the CNMI,” Kim told local media during his tour.

However, the CCC said during last week’s meeting that revocation of IPI’s casino license remains on the table.

“IPI’s failure to meet these obligations is the reason [we have] cut back from close to 50 employees to [only nine],” said CCC chair Edward C. Deleon Guerrero

“That’s why the revocation is in front of us.”

RelatedPosts

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14
Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57
Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43
Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05
Load More
Tags: casinoCNMICommonwealth Casino CommissionImperial Pacific InternationalImperial Palace‧Saipan
Share10Share2
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English