• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Nepal orders closure of two casinos for failure to pay royalties

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Fri 11 Feb 2022 at 06:43
Nepal orders closure of two casinos for failure to pay royalties

The Yak & Yeti Hotel in Kathmandu.

35
SHARES
863
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Nepal’s Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation has canceled the operating licenses of two casinos for failing to pay their royalties.

According to reports by local news outlet myRepublica, the casinos at Yak & Yeti Hotel in Kathmandu and Dreamland Hotel in Nepalgunj have been ordered closed after ignoring repeated government requests to pay their dues.

The Yak & Yeti Hotel, which has operated a casino since 1992, has also seen its five-star classification revoked with the ministry having written to the Office of the Prime Minister, the Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Home Affairs to assist in implementing its decision.

Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Prem Bahadur Ale, said, “In the records … the company is yet to pay arrears up to fiscal year 2020/21, renewal fees for the FY2021/22 and royalty fees worth Rs 420 million (US$3.5 million). The casino operating license and hotel level classification certificate have been revoked as per the law.”

Dreamland Hotel has seen its license revoked for defaulting on royalties totaling Rs 3.8 million (US$31,500) after also ignoring repeated written requests.

Nepal’s casinos only reopened in October after being closed for 18 months due to COVID-19.

The government had at the time waived an annual royalty fee for the fiscal year ended 30 June 2021 for all casinos that had been regularly paying their annual fee up until the start of the pandemic. However, it said only eight or nine casinos qualified for such a waiver.

Nepal’s casino industry is said to employ around 15,000 workers.

RelatedPosts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33
Philippine billionaire Manny Villar to renew focus on Villar City estate following family election run

Manuel Villar no longer Philippines’ richest after losing billions on revaluation of land linked to Manila estate and casino project

Thu 20 Nov 2025 at 06:10
Casino Filipino venues to receive first delivery of almost 2,000 new slot machines by mid-September

Philippines industry GGR flat year-on-year on land-based casino decline, slowing of eGames growth

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 16:44
UAE regulator issues advisory warning citizens not to do business or play with unlicensed lottery or casino operators

Kevin Mullally steps down as CEO of UAE regulator, replaced on interim basis by Jim Murren

Thu 6 Nov 2025 at 17:00
Load More
Tags: casinosLicenseNepalYak & Yeti Hotel
Share14Share2
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32

Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has described a “remarkable turnaround” in its financial performance for the six months to 30 September 2025 after reporting its first revenue in years and reversing the HK$11.4 million (US$1.5 million) net loss it recorded...

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English