• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Success of The Londoner Macao to determine future investment in Venetian, Parisian upgrades: Goldstein

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Thu 3 Jun 2021 at 16:29
London calling

The Londoner Macao

62
SHARES
1.6k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The success or failure of The Londoner Macao and Four Seasons could dictate whether similar upgrade works are carried out on Las Vegas Sands’ other Cotai Strip properties, including The Venetian Macao.

The comments were made by LVS Chairman and CEO Rob Goldstein during Bernstein’s 37th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference this week at which he discussed the company’s COVID-19 recovery and future expansion plans following the recent sale of its Las Vegas assets for US$6.25 billion.

Goldstein has previously stated that LVS would be happy to spend another US$10 billion in Macau despite nearing completion of the US$2 billion transformation of Sands Cotai Central into The Londoner Macao.

The makeover has included replacing the 1,200 room Holiday Inn Macao with the 600-suite Londoner Hotel and adding an additional 370 suites via Londoner Court, as well as theming the entire property, in order to better address the lucrative premium mass customer segment.

Should the concept prove successful, Goldstein explained this week, similar changes could be coming at The Venetian Macao and The Parisian Macao.

“I hope [that’s the case],” he said. “I hope we do so well at Four Seasons and Londoner that we want to go back and spend more money and capital. I mean you always want to upgrade. Depreciation is a real number.

“We’re big believers in Macau and our future so nothing would be more pleasing. Parisian is a pretty successful product. Could it be better? Things can always be better.

“If Londoner blows the doors down and the Four Seasons does its job I’d love to go back and rethink how to make The Venetian better. Although a product that made US$6 billion before COVID was not a bad little hotel, we can always enhance it and do better.

“And at The Parisian there are always things you can do too, so let’s see if we are right about our optimism, and if we’re right about it we’d like to go back and spend more money in Macau. It’s still the best land-based market in the world.”

While the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing works on the property’s façade have made it difficult to assess performance since its February opening, Goldstein suggested The Londoner Macao could potentially compete on the same level as its long-time Macau flagship The Venetian.

“It’s at the epicenter of Macau, it has almost 6,000 keys,” he said. “We never got visitation from mass at the old product – it never had that appeal for mass from a retail and gaming perspective. The Londoner product could be awfully good.

“I don’t think people have given us much credit for what could happen in Macau [when border restrictions ease]. When the border crossings are eased back to pre-pandemic levels we think our portfolio is much enhanced from the investment that we’ve made.”

LVS President and COO Patrick Dumont was similarly bullish on The Londoner’s prospects of generating higher returns than it did as Sands Cotai Central.

“We think when Macau returns our gearing will be better to actually produce better cash flow with a better mix of customers than we’ve ever had before because of the quality of the product and the results in the room product and all the amenities around it,” he said.

RelatedPosts

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 15:30
Galaxy unveils strategic cooperation agreement with TME Live to bring world-class events to Galaxy Arena

Citigroup: Concert-hosting concessionaires to enjoy above-industry EBITDA growth in the long run

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 12:18
Emperor Group to target Macau’s premium mass market after 2019 revenue decline

Emperor E sees 30% decline in gaming revenue at Macau’s Grand Emperor in final full six months of satellite casino operations

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 05:26
IAG releases official post-event highlights videos from 2025 Asian Gaming Power 50 Gala Dinner at Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau

IAG releases official post-event highlights videos from 2025 Asian Gaming Power 50 Gala Dinner at Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 04:44
Load More
Tags: BernsteinLas Vegas SandsMacauPatrick DumontRob GoldsteinThe Londoner MacaoThe Venetian Macao
Share25Share4
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English
  • 日本語