• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Construction of former Caesars development in Korea expected to resume within weeks

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Thu 18 Mar 2021 at 04:19
Caesars sets max future Korea CapEx at US$60 million

An artist’s impression of the former Caesars Korea IR project, now referred to as the Midan City Resort Complex.

68
SHARES
1.7k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Development of a South Korean integrated resort project formerly being led by US casino giant Caesars Entertainment is expected to resume imminently after the country’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism granted a 12-month extension to the construction deadline.

The extension comes after it was revealed last month that Caesars had pulled out of the project, located in Incheon outside Seoul, and sold its entire 50% stake to its former partner, Guangzhou R&F Properties Co Ltd, for what Caesars CEO Tom Reeg controversially described as “some barbecue pork.”

According to a report by local media outlet The Kyunghyang Shinmun, the Ministry on Wednesday approved the change in ownership structure for the Midan City Resort Complex – previously known as the Caesars Korea Resort Complex – but rejected a request to extend the completion deadline by three years until 2024. It has instead been given another 12 months with the new opening date now set for 2022.

An official at Midan City told The Kyunghyang Shinmun, “We are grasping the intention of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism to extend the business period by only one year while approving the change in the stake structure.”

Construction on the Midan City project had been halted in February 2020 after the main construction company, Ssangyong E&C, was unable to cover KRW30 billion (US$27 million) in costs due to Caesars ceasing any further investment.

Under the new ownership structure, it has been suggested that development could now restart before the end of March 2021.

When complete, Midan City Resort Complex will include a casino, 751 hotel rooms, a theater and a convention space.

Another Incheon IR project being developed by US tribal casino operator Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment is currently awaiting approval on an extension of its own.

Wednesday’s report said the Inspire Korea project had requested an extension of six months from its current June 2022 deadline due to delays forced by the global COVID-19 pandemic.

Phase 1 of Inspire Korea – sitting on land covering almost 4.4 million square meters near Incheon International Airport – will cover 1.6 million square meters and include 150 gaming tables and 700 EGMs, a 15,000-seat arena, an indoor climate-controlled dome with a pool and rides, dining and retail, a 19,000-square meter conference and convention space, and 1,250 hotel rooms.

RelatedPosts

Data shows over 1,000 people visited Kangwon Land’s casino more than 100 times last year

Kangwon Land provides update on progress of Value-Up Plan for shareholders

Thu 20 Nov 2025 at 06:16
Korea’s Paradise Co plays unlucky in April as casino revenue falls 13% to US$51 million

Korea’s Paradise Co pledges 5.8% of its shares in Paradise City IR as collateral for US$68.5 million loan

Wed 12 Nov 2025 at 04:23
Grand Korea Leisure books US$11.4 million profit in 1Q25 on higher casino sales, better margins

Grand Korea Leisure profit up 73% in 3Q25 to US$10 million on higher visitation and hold

Wed 12 Nov 2025 at 04:21
One Night in Kangwon

Record hold at Paradise City, high hold elsewhere drives Korea’s Paradise Co to US$198 million in 3Q25 revenue

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 04:39
Load More
Tags: Caesars EntertainmentIncheoninspireintegrated resortMidan City Resort ComplexSouth Korea
Share27Share5
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English
  • 日本語