• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Genting Singapore to delay RWS 2.0 development to 2022

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Wed 24 Feb 2021 at 18:53
Game changers

An artist's impression of Resorts World Sentosa 2.0.

289
SHARES
7.2k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Genting Singapore will delay development of its SG$4.5 billion Resorts World Sentosa expansion project until 2022 due to various impacts as a result of COVID-19.

Management provided the update during Genting Singapore’s FY20 earnings call last week, although details were largely absent from analyst updates until outlined by Union Gaming’s John DeCree in a Wednesday note.

According to DeCree, the company said the decision to delay development of RWS 2.0 was prompted by disruptions across the supply chain and labor force, as well as major design changes to cater to health and safety requirements as well as changing market dynamics in the VIP segment.

“That said, Genting Singapore reaffirmed its commitment to the scope of RWS 2.0 and the capex budget of SG$4.5 billion,” DeCree wrote.

First announced in April 2019, the RWS 2.0 expansion aims to increase the property’s gross floor area by 50%, adding 164,000 square meters of leisure and entertainment space.

Among the planned additions are expansion of Universal Studios Singapore, including new themed areas “Minion Park” and “Super Nintendo World”, further development of S.E.A. Aquarium which will be re-branded “Singapore Oceanarium”, the addition of another 1,100 hotel rooms as part of a new “waterfront lifestyle complex”, an enhanced waterfront promenade with restaurants and retail, expanded MICE facilities and development of a driverless transport system around the property.

Genting Singapore reported a 90% decline in profit to SG$69.2 million (US$52.0 million) in FY20, with revenue down 57% to SG$1.06 billion (US$797.7 million) and Adjusted EBITDA down 64% to SG$427.0 million (US$321.3 million).

RelatedPosts

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 50 – Nilo Thaddeus Rodriguez

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 42 – Lee Shi Ruh

Mon 10 Nov 2025 at 17:11
Non-gaming drives improved 3Q25 revenues at Resorts World Sentosa but best yet to come

Non-gaming drives improved 3Q25 revenues at Resorts World Sentosa but best yet to come

Fri 7 Nov 2025 at 04:45
We’re Back!

Marina Bay Sands fined more than US$243,000 for 2023 data breach that impacted 665,495 rewards members

Wed 29 Oct 2025 at 05:00
Marina Bay Sands completes transformation of entire hotel room inventory

Marina Bay Sands abandons standard hold calculations on rolling baccarat as theoretical rates hit new heights

Thu 23 Oct 2025 at 05:59
Load More
Tags: Genting SingaporeJohn DeCreeResorts World SentosaRWS 2.0SingaporeUnion Gaming
Share116Share20
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English