• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Yokohama publishes IR public tender requirements as lengthy RFP begins

Shintaro Kamimura by Shintaro Kamimura
Fri 22 Jan 2021 at 06:17
Reports Yokohama to start RFP in late January
65
SHARES
1.6k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The city of Yokohama published its IR facility implementation policy on Thursday, kick-starting the process to recruit an operator.

The application period for accepting recruitment participation examination documents starts on Friday 5 February and concludes Monday 17 May, followed by a period for documents to be examined between Tuesday 1 June and Friday 11 June 2021. An operator will then be selected sometime in the summer.

Once an operator has been selected, a development plan will be formulated and public hearings will be held from fall until winter. The city council is scheduled to vote by 22 March 2022 and an application will be made to the central government by April. If Yokohama receives certification from the government, the city intends to open the facility in the latter half of this decade.

Yokohama’s RFP schedule is notably different from other candidate locations in how long it has provided for operators to make a decision – almost four months from now up to 17 May. No reason was offered for such a lengthy period although IAG has been informed it may be to give the likes of Las Vegas Sands and Wynn Resorts an opportunity to return to the market after both withdrew last year. It also allows any company currently holding out for Tokyo to join the race time to choose Yokohama instead should Japan’s capital city opt out.

In a statement, the city said it aimed to achieve the highest international standard for its IR, making Yokohama a global destination.

“Along with conveying the attractions of tourism in Japan to the world, Yokohama will become a gateway to Japan for inbound visitors from across the world, as we will be their landing point for attractive tourist locations across Japan,” it said.

“Through this project, we will contribute to Japan’s growth strategy, which aims to bring in 60 million foreign visitors and JPY 1.5 trillion (US$14.5 billion) in foreigner consumption in 2030, contributing to Japan’s sustainable growth.”

Under Yokohama’s RFP, operators will be asked to create landscape designs, a smart city and sustainable streets, along with implementing disaster prevention measures, public health measures, development of the surrounding areas, infrastructure development, tourism and economic revitalization.

With regards to tourism and economic revitalization, it is clearly stated that efforts will be made to “maximize the economic and social effects occurring through establishment and operation of an IR facility to restore the city.”

There is also one slightly unusual requirement contained within Yokohama’s public tender requirements with documents stating the casino should have, “an elegant interior and should be a place for social gathering for adults with dress codes that provide extraordinary experiences, and have a clean and high-class feel.”

Yokohama City first announced that it would bid for an IR in 2019. Seven companies participated in the request for concept (RFC) in the same year, among them Las Vegas Sands, Wynn Resorts, Galaxy Entertainment Japan, Genting Singapore Limited, Melco Resorts & Entertainment Limited, Sega Sammy Holdings and Shotoku. LVS withdrew last May citing restrictive regulations while Wynn closed its Yokohama office to focus on its US and Macau operations amid COVID-19.

RelatedPosts

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05
We’re Back!

Ho Tram says addition of locals gaming to include world-class responsible gaming practices

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 04:22
Emperor Group to target Macau’s premium mass market after 2019 revenue decline

Emperor E sees 30% decline in gaming revenue at Macau’s Grand Emperor in final full six months of satellite casino operations

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 05:26
Fighting back

Vietnam’s The Grand Ho Tram receives official approval to welcome local players under 5-year pilot program

Wed 26 Nov 2025 at 13:25
Load More
Tags: casinoGalaxyGenting SingaporeirJapanLas Vegas SandsMelco Resorts & EntertainmentRequest for proposalRFPSega Sammy HoldingsWynn ResortsYokohama
Share26Share5
Shintaro Kamimura

Shintaro Kamimura

Shintaro Kamimura (from Tokyo) has worked for many years as a professional mahjong player, mahjong instructor and a writer. He travels far and wide both in Japan and overseas, fine-tuning his already extensive expertise in many areas of gaming, including Japanese pachinko and slot machines, and overseas casinos.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English
  • 日本語