• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Macau hotels enjoy 168% increase in guests from mainland China in October

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Tue 1 Dec 2020 at 05:08
Sands China breaks new ground for Macau IRs with solar energy plant installation at Sands Cotai Central
21
SHARES
529
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The number of guests from mainland China checking into Macau’s hotels grew by 168.1% month-on-month in October to 358,000, with local guest stays up 13.6%, as the hospitality industry began its COVID-19 recovery in earnest.

While the number of mainland Chinese guests still represented a substantial 56.1% decline over the same month in 2019, it was considerably improved from the 131,000 Chinese guests recorded in September 2020, which in turn was almost 200% higher than the 44,000 guests in August according to figures published by the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC).

The total number of guests in October was 438,000, up from 212,000 in September.

The DSEC said average occupancy of Macau’s hotels was 40%, slightly below the 42.8% reported by the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) last week, which was based on figures sourced from 38 hotels listed as members of the Macau Hotel Association.

The 40% average occupancy rate in October was increased from just 17.1% in September, the DSEC said.

For the first 10 months of 2020 combined, the average occupancy rate of guest rooms is down 66.0% year-on-year to 24.6%, with the number of guests down 76.0% to 2,819,00.

RelatedPosts

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 15:30
Galaxy unveils strategic cooperation agreement with TME Live to bring world-class events to Galaxy Arena

Citigroup: Concert-hosting concessionaires to enjoy above-industry EBITDA growth in the long run

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 12:18
Emperor Group to target Macau’s premium mass market after 2019 revenue decline

Emperor E sees 30% decline in gaming revenue at Macau’s Grand Emperor in final full six months of satellite casino operations

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 05:26
IAG releases official post-event highlights videos from 2025 Asian Gaming Power 50 Gala Dinner at Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau

IAG releases official post-event highlights videos from 2025 Asian Gaming Power 50 Gala Dinner at Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 04:44
Load More
Tags: hotel occupancyMacauOctoberStatistics and Census Service
Share8Share1
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Galaxy Chairman Francis Lui personally donates HK$3 million to victims of devastating Hong Kong apartment fire

by Pierce Chan
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 04:32

Galaxy Entertainment Group Chaiman Francis Lui has personally donated HK$3 million (US$385,550) to assist victims of the tragic fire that engulfed a housing state in Hong Kong – part of the total HK$10 million (US$1.29 million) donation from the Lui...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English