• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Petition to withdraw IR bid only gains small number of supporters in Yokohama

Shintaro Kamimura by Shintaro Kamimura
Thu 17 Sep 2020 at 05:24
Lawrence Ho tipping Yokohama IR cost of “at least US$10 billion”

Yokohama, Japan

24
SHARES
600
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Yokohama city examined a petition regarding an IR bid from its residents at the City Council Building, Urban Development and Road Committee on 11 September.

The petition was titled “Withdrawal of Casino IR Bid Plan and Formulation of New Business Plan Independent of Casino.”

It made two demands – the withdrawal of the IR bid which has now significantly differed from what was previously described, and implementation of a new business plan that does not include an IR and which can be implemented even in a post-COVID-19 world.

Masato Yamashita, a member of the city council (Liberal Democratic Party), said, “I do understand the sentiment of the petitioners. I hate gambling and do not gamble. There are some in the LDP as well who do not like it.”

However, he continued, “This opposition campaign from residents when nothing has been decided is only based on liking or hating gambling. I do not want to have a conversation that will divide Yokohama city.

“Regarding an IR, I would like you to try and understand more [because there may be misunderstandings among the residents].”

He asked that the city promote more understanding among its residents.

Regarding the request for a business plan that does not include a casino IR, Yasuhiko Furuya, a member of the committee (Communist Party), asked the city, “Was there a business plan submitted that does not rely on a casino in the RFC?”

The city replied, “Some proposals in the RFC do not include a casino. The committee rejected the petition with its small number of supporters.”

RelatedPosts

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05
We’re Back!

Ho Tram says addition of locals gaming to include world-class responsible gaming practices

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 04:22
Emperor Group to target Macau’s premium mass market after 2019 revenue decline

Emperor E sees 30% decline in gaming revenue at Macau’s Grand Emperor in final full six months of satellite casino operations

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 05:26
Fighting back

Vietnam’s The Grand Ho Tram receives official approval to welcome local players under 5-year pilot program

Wed 26 Nov 2025 at 13:25
Load More
Tags: casinoirJapanRequest for ConceptRFCYokohama
Share10Share2
Shintaro Kamimura

Shintaro Kamimura

Shintaro Kamimura (from Tokyo) has worked for many years as a professional mahjong player, mahjong instructor and a writer. He travels far and wide both in Japan and overseas, fine-tuning his already extensive expertise in many areas of gaming, including Japanese pachinko and slot machines, and overseas casinos.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English
  • 日本語