• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Sale of troubled Macau hotel THE 13 falls through

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Wed 2 Sep 2020 at 05:15
Shareholder power play sees Tom Lau step down as director and Deputy Chairman of South Shore Holdings

THE 13

147
SHARES
3.3k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

More than 10 months after first announcing the sale of a minimum 50% stake in embattled Macau hotel THE 13, Hong Kong’s South Shore Holdings has revealed that the transaction has fallen through.

In a Tuesday filing, South Shore, which controls THE 13 via its wholly-owned subsidiary Uni-Dragon, said it had failed to reach agreement with the purchasers to further extend the date upon which all conditions precedent must be filled – having already done so on three previous occasions.

As such the sale and purchase agreement had lapsed, with South Shore to instead refund a deposit paid by each of the three purchasers.

The collapse of the sale, which had promised to net the company HK$750 million, comes as a huge blow to South Shore given its ongoing financial concerns.

In April of this year it was forced to apply to its bank for a “standstill” to prevent enforcement of security over THE 13 and liquidation of the company after the bank issued a demand for immediate payment of HK$2.48 billion (US$320 million) owing under its facility agreement.

That demand, which covers the entire principal amount plus interest, was issued after the company was unable to pay HK$470 million (US$60.6 million) due on 31 March 2020, which it had previously anticipated would be sourced from the proposed sale.

South Shore didn’t explain on Tuesday exactly what prevented completion of the sale but outlined its intention to look for other buyers.

“The Company intends to continue with its endeavors to seek prospective buyer(s) for the Hotel and/or the Land and execute a sale of the Hotel and/or the Land, and will work with the bank (in relation to the term loan in the outstanding principal amount of approximately HK$2.84 billion (as at 31 March 2020) on any further remedial measures as appropriate,” it said.

RelatedPosts

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57
Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52
10 Years Ago – Buying the house

10 Years Ago – Buying the house

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 15:30
Galaxy unveils strategic cooperation agreement with TME Live to bring world-class events to Galaxy Arena

Citigroup: Concert-hosting concessionaires to enjoy above-industry EBITDA growth in the long run

Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 12:18
Load More
Tags: MacauSouth Shore HoldingsThe 13 HotelUni-Dragon
Share68Share9
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English