• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Wynn ceased Japan operations in March: Maddox

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Wed 5 Aug 2020 at 05:39
Removal of “potentially tainted” directors would aid Wynn Resorts in regulatory investigations: report
30
SHARES
694
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox has revealed the company ceased its efforts in Japan at least four months ago as it looks to refocus its energies on the company’s current key markets of Las Vegas and Macau.

Providing clarity on the recent closure of Wynn’s Yokohama office, which the company described earlier this week as an “evolution of operations to align with a post-pandemic market,“ Maddox told analysts on the company’s 2Q20 earnings call early Wednesday (Asia time) that now was not the right time to focus on development in Japan.

“Our efforts in Japan over the past decade have been more monitoring as opposed to being really active,” he explained.

“We have been monitoring that situation for years and years and years and back in March we decided that until there is more clarity on what the business is going to look like, what the world is going to look like and what the regulations really are over there we’re pretty much ceasing our efforts. We did that about four months ago.

“It doesn’t mean we’re not interested in the market, it just means that right now it’s not a focus for our company.”

Wynn told Inside Asian Gaming earlier this week that closure of the Yokohama office did not mean the company is withdrawing from Japan and that, “We continue to be interested in the Japan market and IR development there.”

Wynn had been one of several companies, including the world’s largest IR operators, known to be interested in developing an IR in Yokohama, having previously withdrawn from its original target of Osaka.

RelatedPosts

Japan’s new Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi was an early proponent of IR bill

China issues advisory warning citizens against travelling to Japan following PM’s Taiwan comments, Macau and Hong Kong follow suit

Mon 17 Nov 2025 at 04:11
2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 10 – Wilfred Wong

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 8 – Craig Billings

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 12:09
Sega Sammy 1H26 results short of expectations on M&A costs in gaming, delayed pachinko releases

Sega Sammy 1H26 results short of expectations on M&A costs in gaming, delayed pachinko releases

Sun 9 Nov 2025 at 13:19
Sega Sammy revises FY25 gaming segment forecast upwards on higher US slot sales and more Japanese VIPs at Korean casino in Q3

Sega Sammy striving to become a “comprehensive casino solutions provider” via ongoing expansion of gaming arm

Wed 5 Nov 2025 at 13:55
Load More
Tags: irJapanMatt MaddoxOsakaWynn ResortsYokohama
Share13Share2
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English
  • 日本語