• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Marina Bay Sands in US$6.5 million settlement with high roller: report

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Mon 20 Jul 2020 at 07:54
Macau Gaming Law series part 13: Provisions regarding other jurisdictions can cause legal conflict

Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.

163
SHARES
4.1k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Marina Bay Sands, the Singapore integrated resort owned and operated by US casino giant Las Vegas Sands, has reached a settlement agreement with a former high roller over SG$9.1 million (US$6.5 million) he alleged was transferred to the accounts of other patrons without his consent, according to a report by Bloomberg.

Wang Xi sued MBS last October in pursuit of the funds which he claimed was sent from his casino account without his authority via 22 transfers made between October and December 2015.

Wang said he was told by MBS at the time that it had received authorization letters signed by him in Macau to proceed with the transfers, but he claimed those signatures had been illegally copied and pasted and that he didn’t know any of the recipients of his funds.

He also alleged he was told by MBS that original copies of the letters had since been destroyed for “reasons of confidentiality.” The lawsuit said MBS “failed to verify whether the Disputed Authorization Letters were in fact signed by the plaintiff before effecting the disputed transactions.”

According to a weekend report by Bloomberg, MBS has now met Wang’s demands in an out of court settlement, under which Wang will also be allowed back into the casino provided he abides by its policies.

The high-profile case was central to an alleged investigation recently launched by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) over potential breaches to anti-money laundering regulations.

Another Bloomberg report published in early June said that US prosecutors are investigating possible violations regarding the use of junkets or third-party lending using casino credit, as well as whether there has been any retaliation against whistle blowers.

Marina Bay Sands told Bloomberg that it has not received any requests from the DOJ while Singapore’s Casino Regulatory Authority said it has not been contacted by the DOJ regarding MBS but issued a statement outlining its commitment to “ensuring that the casinos in Singapore, including Marina Bay Sands, remain free from criminal influence or exploitation, and takes a serious view of any allegations of unauthorized money transfers.”

RelatedPosts

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 10 – Wilfred Wong

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 4 – Robert Goldstein

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 12:31
2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 10 – Wilfred Wong

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 7 – Patrick Dumont

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 12:12
2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 25 – Lim Keong Hui

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 15 – Paul Town

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 11:16
Non-gaming drives improved 3Q25 revenues at Resorts World Sentosa but best yet to come

Non-gaming drives improved 3Q25 revenues at Resorts World Sentosa but best yet to come

Fri 7 Nov 2025 at 04:45
Load More
Tags: Las Vegas SandsMarina Bay SandssettlementSingaporeUSA
Share65Share11
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32

Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has described a “remarkable turnaround” in its financial performance for the six months to 30 September 2025 after reporting its first revenue in years and reversing the HK$11.4 million (US$1.5 million) net loss it recorded...

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English