• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

PAGCOR confirms POGO industry shut down for one month

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Thu 19 Mar 2020 at 05:03
Philippines collects Php1.79 billion from POGOs in first nine months of 2019

A former Philippines POGO hub in Clark Freeport Zone.

79
SHARES
2k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) has confirmed the temporary suspension of all POGOs and their service providers (SPs) based in Luzon for the duration of the month-long community quarantine measures imposed by President Rodrigo Duterte.

Although the Philippines gaming regulator had stated on Monday that POGOs were included in a nationwide ban on all gaming operations, PAGCOR issued a separate statement on Wednesday in which it outlined full details of restrictions on the country’s online gaming companies.

Those restrictions state that a “skeletal workforce at POGO operating sites are no longer allowed” and that all POGO employees must “remain in their places of residence, and no loitering or mass gatherings are allowed.”

POGO data centers, software, technical devices and other IT facilities are to be maintained remotely while maintenance personnel must obtain permits from the Inter-Agency Task Force for matters that can only be addressed on site.

POGOs located outside the Philippines’ main island of Luzon have been advised to follow the community quarantine measures adopted by their local government units.

“Our situation right now is different,” said PAGCOR Chairman and CEO Andrea Domingo.

“While revenue generation is important in our operations, the health and well-being being of every Filipino is our immediate priority. By practicing the health protocols recommended by our Health Department, we can all help curb, if not stop the spread of COVID-19.”

As previously reported by Inside Asian Gaming, PAGCOR earlier this week “ordered the temporary suspension of gaming activities nationwide.

“This covers PAGCOR-owned and operated and licensed entities, casinos, bingo, sports betting, poker, slot machines and eGames,” the regulator said.

There are currently 60 licensed POGOs in the Philippines under which 218 service providers are currently operating.

Tags: casinosclosurecommunity quarantineCoronaviruscovid-19GamingLuzonPAGCORPhilippine Offshore Gaming OperatorsPhilippinessocial distancing
Share32Share6
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English
  • 日本語