• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Casino shuttle bus services slashed as Macau visitor numbers continue to plummet

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Thu 30 Jan 2020 at 05:00
Casino shuttle bus services slashed as Macau visitor numbers continue to plummet
2.3k
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Macau’s Transport Bureau, DSAT, announced on Wednesday a reduction in all bus services, including casino shuttle buses and buses transporting passengers via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, as the city’s tourist numbers reached new lows.

According to updated statistics from the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO), total visitor arrivals over the first five days of the Chinese New Year “Golden Week” are now down 73.6% year-on-year to 221,620, including an 87.3% fall on Day 5 to 27,099. Mainland visitor arrivals  are down 79.2% to 127,149 with Day 5 numbers down 90.6% to 15,426.

By comparison, Macau welcomed a total of 1,213,487 visitors during the seven days of the Chinese New Year holiday in 2019 including 899,290 from mainland China.

With border controls tightening by the day to control the spread of the Coronavirus into Macau, the Transport Bureau said it has now ordered a sizeable reduction in bus services in response to moderate passenger flow.

“Taking into account the development of ‘new coronavirus pneumonia’ and the decrease in out-of-person flow, public buses have gradually reduced the number of shifts in response to a moderate passenger flow since yesterday  to ensure the provision of certain services, so as not to waste public resources,” DSAT said.

“In addition, casino shuttle buses, shuttle buses to and from the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, cross-border buses and airport buses will gradually reduce their frequency.”

As previously reported by Inside Asian Gaming, authorities have also cut back ferry services between Macau and Hong Kong, while updated information from Macau Airport shows around 60 flight cancellations per day through to next Wednesday 5 February – most to and from mainland China but also to Cambodia, South Korea and Taiwan.

The number of confirmed cases of the Coranavirus in Macau has held steady at seven in recent days, with the Health Bureau stating on Wednesday that all seven will remain in hospital indefinitely. Of the 114 suspected Macau cases so far, 101 have been cleared of the virus while six more are awaiting the results of tests.

Share46Share6
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32

Century Entertainment International Holdings Ltd has described a “remarkable turnaround” in its financial performance for the six months to 30 September 2025 after reporting its first revenue in years and reversing the HK$11.4 million (US$1.5 million) net loss it recorded...

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English