• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Monday 1 December 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • 中文
  • 日本語
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Chairman Stuart McGregor, industry veteran David Green among three more Donaco directors ousted

Ben Blaschke by Ben Blaschke
Tue 3 Dec 2019 at 00:13
Chairman Stuart McGregor, industry veteran David Green among three more Donaco directors ousted
843
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The ASX suspended trading of shares in Donaco International Ltd on Monday after the company’s Annual General Meeting saw its board slashed to just three members by shareholder vote.

In what had already been touted as a decisive day for the future direction of Donaco following a dramatic 12 months framed by ongoing legal challenges and the ousting of founder Joey Lim, Monday’s AGM saw three more board members cast aside – Chairman Stuart McGregor among them. Non-executive directors David Green and Yugo Kinoshita also failed to win shareholder approval, joining long-time Donaco General Counsel and Company Secretary Ben Reichel – who announced his decision to step down from the board last Friday – on the sidelines.

Their departure means Donaco is left with just three directors, of which two, Leo Chan and Kurkye Wong, are representatives of On Nut Road Ltd – the Asian-based investment firm that recently acquired a 19.25% stake in the company. The third director, Hong Kong-based Australian Roderick John Sutton, was newly appointed to the board on Monday.

However, the results of the AGM and subsequent acquisition of greater power by On Nut Road Ltd raises more questions than answers given it was On Nut Road Ltd that requested the shareholder’s meeting in October over a call by two individual shareholders to replace the entire Donaco board. Those shareholders, Gerald Nicholas Tan Eng Hoe and Patrick Tan Teck Lee – both close associates of Joey Lim – also put themselves forward as replacements for the ousted board but both failed to win enough votes on Friday.

In calling for the AGM, On Nut Road Ltd stated at the time that it did not support the resolutions stated by Gerald and Patrick Tan and had no agreement or understanding in place with either of them.

“It is our view that in order to settle the matters addressed … and allow the Company to move forward with the current, stable board, which is not subject to challenge, we believe it is in the interests of the Company to put these resolutions to members,” it said.

On Nut Road’s two Donaco representatives, Chan and Wong, were only appointed in mid-August but are now the longest serving members of the new-look, three-man board.

In announcing the addition of Sutton as the third, Donaco said it is “seeking to recruit two more independent non-executive directors based in Australia in the near future. To this end, the Board is currently in advanced discussions with a number of quality candidates, including candidates with experience in casino gaming in Asia.”

Shareholders on Friday also voted down a proposal to change the company name to Pan Asian Leisure Ltd.

Share15Share2
Ben Blaschke

Ben Blaschke

A former sports journalist in Sydney, Australia, Ben has been Managing Editor of Inside Asian Gaming since early 2016. He played a leading role in developing and launching IAG Breakfast Briefing in April 2017 and oversees as well as being a key contributor to all of IAG’s editorial pursuits.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE
  • 中文
  • 日本語

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • 中文
  • 日本語
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • 中文
  • English
  • 日本語