• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Monday 1 December 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Melco moves to placate Philippines shareholders as new tender offer date set

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Wed 24 Oct 2018 at 06:17
Lawrence Ho open to City of Dreams Manila expansion
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Melco Resorts and Entertainment (Philippines) Corporation (MRP) will commence its tender offer to shareholders on 31 October 2018, it announced in a filing with the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) on Tuesday. But the company was quick to address a series of investor concerns over the matter, having last week been forced to reverse a previous decision to delist from the PSE.

MRP revealed last Friday that it had formally withdrawn its application to delist, although it gave no reasons for doing so at the time.

The company has addressed those reasons in its latest filing on Tuesday, stating that the tender offer would no longer be conducted for the purpose of voluntary delisting MRP but instead be carried out to increase the shareholding of MRP’s controlling shareholder MCO (Philippines) Investments Limited.

“The change of purpose for the tender offer, which led to the withdrawal of the petition to delist by MRP on 19 October 2018, is aimed at alleviating certain investors’ concerns that the potential delisting may exert undue pressure on their decision process related to the acceptance of the tender offer,” MRP said.

“Investors are assured that they are free to conduct their evaluations and arrive at a decision whether to tender their shares at their absolute discretions.”

However, MRP also reinforced its defense of the Php7.25 per share offer price per tender offer share following recent criticism that it was unfair because it was only around half of its initial share price in 2013.

The company said there was a misconception that all MRP shareholders must agree with the terms of the tender offer, including the offer price, for it to proceed.

“The tender offer is presented to ensure that MRP shareholders who find the offer price and other terms of the tender offer acceptable are not deprived of an opportunity to sell,” it said.

“The bidder (MCO) would like to emphasize and remind MRP shareholders that not all MRP shareholders have to agree with and accept the terms of the tender offer … the bidder respects that certain MRP shareholders may have differing views on the terms of the tender offer, including the offer price.

“If any MRP Shareholder does not believe that the offer price of Php7.25 per tender offer share is attractive, they may choose not to tender their MRP shares in the tender offer. Even if an MRP shareholder believes that the offer price is at or above fair value, they still have no obligation to participate in the tender offer.”

MCO currently holds a 72.54% stake in MRP.

RelatedPosts

PAGCOR chair Tengco says transactions on licensed online gambling sites down 50% since ban on e-wallet links

Century Entertainment points to “remarkable turnaround” after generating revenue, returning to profit in 1H26

Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:32
PAGCOR chair Tengco says recent eGames restrictions necessary for industry sustainability

PAGCOR chair Tengco says recent eGames restrictions necessary for industry sustainability

Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 04:26
FBM hosts Champions Night to recognize Philippines bingo partners

FBM hosts Champions Night to recognize Philippines bingo partners

Tue 25 Nov 2025 at 04:22
PAGCOR defends its actions against POGOs after criticism from lawyer of suspended Bamban mayor Alice Guo

“POGO mayor” Alice Guo jailed for life

Thu 20 Nov 2025 at 15:51
Load More
Tags: delistingMelco Resorts & EntertainmentMelco Resorts and Entertainment (Philippines)Philippine Stock ExchangePhilippinestender offer
Share7Share
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Death by a thousand cuts

Kazakhstan couple arrested for using phone and earpieces to cheat Crown Sydney casino out of almost AU$1.2 million

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 19:14

New South Wales police have arrested and charged a couple from Kazakhstan for allegedly fraudulently winning over AU$1 million at Crown Sydney. The couple, who travelled to Sydney from Kazakhstan in October 2025, made multiple visits to the casino at...

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English