• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Saturday 29 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Early February Grand Opening for CoD Manila

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Mon 19 Jan 2015 at 00:05
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Melco Crown Entertainment’s City of Dream Manila will hold its grand opening on 2nd February, according to a Philippine news report.

“Let us wait for Melco Crown to confirm [it],” said Willy Ocier, vice chairman of Premium Leisure, a member of the local consortium that holds the license for the US$1.4 billion casino and hotel, the second to open at a 120-hectare government-backed resort district on Manila Bay known as Entertainment City.

The first licensee, Solaire Resort & Casino, backed by PSX-listed Bloomberry Corp., opened at Entertainment City in March 2013 and recently completed construction of a second hotel tower, more gaming space and other attractions.

Two more multibillion-dollar destinations will round out the district: one by a Philippine affiliate of Japanese machine gaming magnate Kazuo Okada, which is slated to open in 2016, and one developed by Travellers International Hotel Group and targeted for opening in 2018. Travellers is the joint venture behind the country’s largest casino currently, Resorts World Manila, located near the country’s main international airport.

City of Dreams was partially unveiled to the public at a soft opening last month which drew more than 20,000 people, according to the English-language Manila Standard Today. The formal opening will be heralded by full-scale celebrations and a concert by local and international artists and performers, the newspaper  said.

The resort will feature six hotels at full build-out, including a Crown Towers, a Hyatt and the first branded Nobu hotel in Asia. Attractions will include three distinct entertainment venues, one of them geared to families, a domed nightclub and pool, bars, restaurants, shopping and a casino with 365 live table games and more than 3,200 electronic machine games.

RelatedPosts

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 10 – Wilfred Wong

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 3 – Lawrence Ho

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 12:35
2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 50 – Nilo Thaddeus Rodriguez

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 40 – Kevin Benning

Mon 10 Nov 2025 at 17:15
City of Dreams Manila

Melco still undecided on “valuation-driven” City of Dreams Manila sale as company eyes dividend resumption by end-2026

Fri 7 Nov 2025 at 05:18
Melco prices US$750 million Senior Notes offering

Melco continues recovery path as total revenue reaches US$1.31 billion on Macau casino strength, Cyprus improvement

Fri 7 Nov 2025 at 04:25
Load More
Tags: City of Dreams ManilaMelco Resorts & Entertainment
ShareShare
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Far East given green light to spin-off and list Czech casino business on Hong Kong Stock Exchange

Hong Kong’s Palasino books 8% revenue growth in 1H25 on improved performance of European casino operations

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 11:33

Hong Kong-listed Palasino Holdings Limited, the former gaming arm of real estate group Far East Consortium, reported an 8% increase in revenue to HK$305 million (US$39.2 million) in the six months to 30 September 2025 – primarily attributable to an...

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

1xBet Becomes the first Official Betting Partner of MIBR’s VALORANT esports team

by Newsdesk
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:34

1xBet has signed a partnership with the VALORANT roster of esports powerhouse MIBR, becoming the first-ever official betting partner in the Riot Games ecosystem, the company said overnight. Under the partnership, 1xBet and MIBR will focus on creating a new,...

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

Business recalibration, management changes still weighing Resorts World Las Vegas in 3Q25 as revenue falls to US$175 million

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:29

Genting Berhad’s US flagship, Resorts World Las Vegas, suffered another depressed quarter in 3Q25, with revenue declining 1% year-on-year and 3% quarter-on-quarter to US$175 million, The property also fell to an EBITDA loss of US$12 million compared with a gain...

Malaysia’s Resorts World Genting shuts two of its three casinos

Genting Malaysia warms up for New York license reveal with strong 3Q25 beat on improved gaming revenues at Resorts World Genting

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 05:05

Genting Malaysia comfortably beat forecasts in the three months to 30 September 2025, with group-wide revenues rising 22% year-on-year to MYR3.36 billion (US$813 million) on higher gaming revenues at flagship Resorts World Genting – particularly in the VIP segment. Although...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English