• Subscribe
  • Magazines
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
Sunday 30 November 2025
  • zh-hant 中文
  • ja 日本語
  • en English
IAG
Advertisement
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Cambodia
    • China
    • CNMI
    • Europe
    • Hong Kong
    • India
    • Japan
    • Laos
    • Latin America
    • Malaysia
    • Macau
    • Nepal
    • New Zealand
    • North America
    • North Korea
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • Singapore
    • South Korea
    • Sri Lanka
    • Thailand
    • UAE
    • Vietnam
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
No Result
View All Result
IAG
No Result
View All Result

Suen Wins Again; LV Jury Awards $70M

Newsdesk by Newsdesk
Wed 15 May 2013 at 02:49
1
SHARES
29
VIEWS
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A jury in Nevada state court in Las Vegas has awarded Richard Suen, a former consultant for Las Vegas Sands, US$70 million for his role in helping the casino giant secure its lucrative Macau license.

The District Court panel delivered the verdict on Tuesday after less than two hours of deliberation, dealing LVS and its combative chairman, billionaire Sheldon Adelson, their second defeat in the case, which Mr Suen launched eight years ago to enforce an agreement he says he had guaranteeing him $5 million plus 2% of the company’s eventual profits in Macau in exchange for his influence and contacts with high-level Chinese officials.

LVS doesn’t dispute the agreement but contends Mr Suen did nothing and that the company secured the license on the strength of its merits as a resort developer in Las Vegas.

Suen won his original suit in 2008, but the Nevada Supreme Court overturned the $58.6 million jury award on appeal, saying the district judge shouldn’t have allowed hearsay statements during the trial.

In the retrial Suen was seeking $328 million based on LVS’ subsequent profits in Macau, which generate 60% of the company’s net income.

Mr Adelson, 79, took the witness stand for two days last month and was in the courtroom for closing arguments last week. He did not attend yesterday’s proceedings.

As he walked out of the courtroom on Tuesday, the 60-year-old Suen said he would be “eternally grateful” to Las Vegas. “I believe that justice will be served eventually,” he told The Associated Press. “I’ve always kept my faith with the Las Vegas community, and I’ve been proven right. Twice.”

LVS says it will again appeal.

RelatedPosts

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 10 – Wilfred Wong

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 4 – Robert Goldstein

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 12:31
2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 10 – Wilfred Wong

2025 Asian Gaming Power 50: Number 7 – Patrick Dumont

Tue 11 Nov 2025 at 12:12
Marina Bay Sands completes transformation of entire hotel room inventory

Marina Bay Sands abandons standard hold calculations on rolling baccarat as theoretical rates hit new heights

Thu 23 Oct 2025 at 05:59
Inside Thai IRs

Las Vegas Sands on the rise in 3Q25 as stunning Singapore run continues, Macau resorts show sequential improvement

Thu 23 Oct 2025 at 05:11
Load More
Tags: Las Vegas Sands
ShareShare
Newsdesk

Newsdesk

The IAG Newsdesk team comprises some of the most experienced journalists in the Asian gaming industry. Offering a broad range of expertise, their decades of combined know-how spans multiple countries across a variety of topics.

Current Issue

Editorial – Cause and effect

Editorial – Cause and effect

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:40

Since news broke recently of a sports betting scandal involving certain NBA players and coaching staff sharing inside information with...

Lap of luxury

Lap of luxury

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:23

Set to open its first phase in February, the eco-luxury golf and lifestyle estate Hann Reserve not only promises to...

Staying connected

Staying connected

by Ben Blaschke
Fri 28 Nov 2025 at 00:09

With a senate hearing into the Philippines’ booming eGames, or domestic online gaming, industry already proving successful in having stricter...

Party at the Palace

Party at the Palace

by Ben Blaschke
Thu 27 Nov 2025 at 18:47

A who’s who of the Asian gaming industry gathered at SJM’s Grand Lisboa Palace Resort Macau on 7 November as...

Evolution Asia
Dolby banner
Aristocrat banner
GLI
Nustar
SABA
Mindslot
Solaire
Hann
Tecnet
NWR

Related Posts

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

Macau satellite casino Ponte 16 officially closes with hundreds of locals gathering to witness the event

by Pierce Chan
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 16:57

After operating for over 17 years, the Ponte 16 casino – a satellite casino on the Macau Peninsula – finally shut its doors on Friday following the withdrawal of an acquisition plan by SJM Holdings. SJM announced on 16 November...

Macau’s hotel occupancy rate reaches 89% in July

Macau hotel occupancy rate rises to 89.3% in October

by Newsdesk
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 15:52

Macau’s hotels recorded an average occupancy rate of 89.3% in October, representing a 0.9 percentage point increase from October 2024 according to information from the Statistics and Census Service (DSEC). This included a 1.8 percentage point increase in 5-star hotels...

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

Online gaming live in the UAE as lottery licensee Momentum launches online casino, sportsbook platforms

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:43

The UAE’s only licensed lottery is reported to have launched two online betting platforms offering both online casino and sports betting to customers. According to local media outlet Arabian Gulf Business Insights, the platforms – named TrueWin and Dream Island...

Asia market roundup

Genting Berhad issues another US$62 million in notes to fund Genting Malaysia takeover bid

by Ben Blaschke
Sun 30 Nov 2025 at 06:33

Genting Berhad has issued a third tranche of notes in as many weeks under its MYR10 billion (US$2.40 billion) Medium Term Notes Programme as efforts to fund the ongoing acquisition of shares in Genting Malaysia continues. The company revealed in...

Your browser does not support the video tag.


IAG

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • SUBSCRIBE FREE
  • NEWSFEED
  • MAG ARTICLES
  • VIDEO
  • OPINION
  • TAGS
  • REGIONAL
  • EVENTS
  • CONSULTING
  • CONTRIBUTORS
  • MAGAZINES
  • ABOUT
  • CONTACT
  • ADVERTISE

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Subscribe
  • Newsfeed
  • Mag Articles
  • Video
  • Opinion
  • Tags
  • Regional
  • Events
  • Contributors
  • Magazines
  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • About
  • Home for G2E Asia

© 2005-2025
Inside Asian Gaming.
All rights reserved.

  • English